The Public Relations Office directs the District’s communication efforts by increasing awareness of educational and other activities in District 205. Information is regularly distributed to residents, businesses, the media, public officials and employees of Thornton Township High Schools District 205. The Public Information Office serves as an information resource center for the public and employees by developing and implementing public information strategies as well as coordinating internal communications.
The Public Information Office is responsible for a variety of communications:
- Developing and distributing press releases about District activities, programs and news to the media.
- Managing the function, design and content of the District’s website and Intranet.
- Acting as liaison between the District and the various local public access cable stations that cover District 205.
- Editing the content of the Your Schools magazine and newsletter.
- Developing messages that are recorded on the District's phone to inform faculty and community members about District, events, services and programs.
- Assisting the District’s administrators with public education initiatives and special events.
- Developing, producing and placing advertising including broadcast and print advertisements in local and national publications and venues.
- Producing publications and collateral materials including:
- Brochures, pamphlets and flyers, are created, produced and distributed by the Public Information Office to carry out the public information strategies of District 205.
- Act as Executive Director of the Thornton Township High School District 205 Academic Enrichment Foundation.